Guru Company. (the “Company” or “we”) values its customers’ information and strictly complies with privacy-related laws including the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc. (the “Network Act”) and the Personal Information Protection Act.
Article 1. Personal Information to Be Collected and Purpose of Use
a. Items of Personal Information Collected
Article 2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes.
• Enforcement of service contract provisions and settlement of charges for service provision
Provision of contents, purchase and payment, shipment of goods or billing address, financial transaction identification and financial services
• Membership Management
Identity verification, personal identification, prevention of unauthorized use, confirmation of subscription, age verification, confirmation of consent of legal representative when collecting personal information of children under 14 years of age, restriction on the number of subscriptions, and complaint handling, etc.
• Marketing and advertising
Statistics on the delivery of advertising information such as events, the frequency of access or the use of services by members.
Article 3. Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information
As a standard practice, information collected are destroyed without delay after the personal information is used for its purpose. However, the following information shall be retained for the period specified for the reasons detailed below.
a. Reasons for information retention under the Company’s internal policy
Even if a member withdraws, the member’s information can be retained for [*] years from the date of termination of the contract to prevent recurring use of the such member, to resolve the dispute, and to cooperate with the request of the investigating agency.
Article 4. Method of Destruction of Personal Information
In principle, personal information will be discarded without delay after fulfilling the purpose of collection and use.
a. Destruction Procedure
• Information provided by the members for use of the services will be placed in a separate database (or filing cabinet in case of Personal Information printed on paper) and stored for a certain period of time based on grounds for information protection provided in the Company’s internal policy and other applicable laws and regulations (see 3. Period of retention) after fulfilling the purpose of the provision before being discarded.
• Personal information placed in a separate database as set forth above will not be used for purposes other than the purpose set forth in the applicable laws.
b. Destruction Method
• Personal information stored in electronic files will be discarded using technical methods preventing restoration.
Article 5. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Unless otherwise provided in the applicable laws and regulation, the Company will not use or provide the user’s personal information to any others outside the Company except in the following cases:
• If prior consent of the user is obtained; or
• If it is required by the provisions of the relevant laws or regulations or otherwise requested by an investigative agency in accordance with the procedures and manner provided by the relevant laws and regulations for the purpose of the investigation.
Article 6. Consignment of Collected Personal Information
The company consigns and operates external specialized companies as follows to fulfill the service.
• Consignee: Pearl Abyss
• Details of consignment: Consignment of personal information for CS processing
• Consignee: Paypal
• Details of consignment: Payment Information
• Consignee: NPN
• Details of consignment: Customer consultation, customer complaint handling, product sales guidance, DM, TM business, product logistics management, product delivery agency
• Consignee: Colosseum Corporation
• Details of consignment: Global logistics management, Global delivery agency
Article 7. Rights of the Users and the Legal Representative and Methods to Exercise Rights
(1) The user may view or modify his / her registered personal information at any time and may request to cancel (withdrawal of consent) his / her subscription.
(2) To view and modify the user’s personal information, the user may click “Modify the User Information” or click “Withdraw membership” (to withdraw the consent), and go through the verification process and directly read, correct or withdraw. The user may also contact the Company in writing, by phone, email, or on the bulletin board, and the Company will take action without delay.
(3) If the user requests correction of an error on personal information, the personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is made. In addition, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, the Company will promptly notify the third party of the result of the correction.
• The Company shall process personal information that has been terminated or deleted at the request of the user as specified in “Retention and Use Period of Personal Information Collected by the Company” and shall not be viewed or used for any other purpose.
Article 8. Installation/Operation of Automatic Personal Information Collection Equipment and Objection Thereto
The Company uses the “cookies” and frequently store and retrieve the user’s information in order to provide the user with customized services. A cookie is a small text file sent to your browser by a server used to run a website and stored on your computer’s hard disk.
The Company uses the cookies for the following purposes:
• Purpose of using the cookies
1. Providing targeted marketing and personalized services through analyzing the frequency and visit times of members and non-members, identifying the user’s tastes and interests, tracking traces, and the degree of participation in various events and the number of visits.
2. The user may opt not to use the cookies. Therefore, the member may change the web browser setting to always allow the use of the cookies, prompt every time when a cookie is saved, or refuse to save any cookies.
• How to refuse the use of the cookies
1. You may opt out by choosing your web browser’s options to allow all cookies, confirm each time you save a cookie, or opt out of storing all cookies.
2. Example of changing the setting (For Internet Explorer) : Tools menu at the top of the web browser> Internet Options> Privacy
3. However, if you refuse to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
Article 9 Personal Information Manager and Contact Information
To protect members’ personal information and handle complaints related to personal information, the Company has designated relevant departments and the chief privacy officer as follows:
• Personal Information Protection Officer
- Name: Jaejin Lee
- In charge of : CEO
- Phone number: 02-538-9991
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can report any privacy complaints arising from the use of the Company’s services to the Privacy Officer or the department in charge.
• The Company will promptly and fully respond to the report of users.
If you find it necessary to report privacy issues or consult in relation to personal information infringement,
please contact the Personal Information Infringement Report Center of the Korea Internet & Security Agency (“KISA”).
Moreover, if you have suffered monetary or mental damage due to personal information infringement, you may request damage relief to the Personal Information Dispute Mediation Center of KISA.
- KISA Privacy (http://privacy.kisa.or.kr
/ Tel.: (No area code) 118)
- Cyber Bureau of the National Police Agency [http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr
/ Tel.: (no area code) 182]
- Cyber Investigation Division of the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office [http://spo.go.kr
/ Tel.: (no area code) 1301]
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center (operated by KISA) [http://privacy.kisa.or.kr
/ Tel.: (no area code) 118]
- Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (operated by KISA) (http://www.kopico.go.kr
/ Tel.: 02-1833-6972)